India is now widely famous for its growing startup ecosystems. There are about 108 unicorn startups. Approximately 108 startups have now just gained the unicorn tag. A bulk of determination, perseverance, hard work, dedication, and commitment is required for it. ” Unicorn ” and ” startups ” are the two necessary words of which a unicorn is made. $1 Billion is the value of this startup. Aileen Lee gained this term called a unicorn. Startups are often considered the self-owned company in ittheirnitial stage of development. The union minister for the ate said that there will be a de10X increase seen in the unicorn count in the upcoming 2-3 years. Expectations are also now from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
India is now placed in an rd position for hosting unicorn companies. It has replaced the UK in the 3rd position. Flipkart and BYBYJUre have highly valued unicorns among all. The combined value of the f unicorn is about $333+ bn. 15% of unicorn founders are female.
“I think that if you have a horse, pegasus, qilin, or unicorn, you should sit on it! you should stroke its hair, whisper in its ear, be one with it! And you shouldn’t feel sorry if other people don’t have one.”C. JoyBell C
Unicorn Startup names :
- PhysicsWallah – Edtech :
- Alakh Pandey founded this startup in 2016. This startup is valued at $1.1 billion+. Offline and online study materials like engineering and medical entrance exam are available easily. Dynamic ex-exercise live classes and test series are a match in the service that PhysicsWallah will offer.
- LeadSquared – SaaS- CRM :
- In 2011 Nilesh Patel, Prashant Singh, and Sudhakar Gorti finally founded this startup. $1 billion issue of this startup. This is 10the 3rd Indian unicorn in India as compared to 21 June 2022. More investments are done in India and North America. The workforce also doubled to 18 months. More than 2,000+ customers belong to various industries. Byju’s, Godrej Housing Finance, Olx, Dunzo, Practo, Kotak Securities, Amazon Pay, NIIT, and Unand I are some of its customers.
- ElasticRun – E-commerce Logistics :
- In the year 2015 Sandeep Deshmukh, Saurabh Nigam, and Shand it Bansal founded this unicorn. It has a value of $1 billion+. This is just a logistics and transportation-based startup. Reception of Orders is improved along with dispute of delivery services. $400 mn was the value of this unicorn in April 2021. Later on I,t rises by 3X times.
- Open – Fintech :
- In 2017 Ajeesh Achuthan, Anish Achuthan, Deena Jacon, and Maand bel Chacko founded this startup. This Neo banking startup is one banking status.
- Open is a major player in this culture. 2.3+ million SMEs and $30 billion are annualized in the action. This is 1 St new banking platform and 16 th unicorn that India has seen.
- Games24x7 – Gaming :
- In 2006 Bhavin Pandya and Trand ivikraman Thampy founded this startupThe value of this startup is $1 billion+. Real money skill gaming, casual games, ng, and daily sports fantasy sagamore are available for their users. By $75 mn it turned unicorn on March 30, 2022. This is 99the th unicorn company.
- Amagi – Media, Advertising :
- In 2008 Baskar Subramanian, Srinivasan KA, and Srand Vidhya Srinivasan founded this startup. TV advertisements late targeted geographically in this media tech and broadcasting startup. With Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures funding Amagi gained unicorn status. It is 12 th Indian startup that entered the unicorn club in 2022.
- Fractal Analytics – SaaS- Analytics:
- In 2000 Ramakrishna Reddy, Pranay Agrawal, and Srand Srikanth Velamakanni founded this unicorn. $1 billion+ is the value of this unicorn. It is a strategic analytics partner to globally situated Fortune 500 companies. Human decisions are empowered by bringing AI, analytics, and cutting-edge technology into the decision-making process. It was the second Indian unicorn in 2022.
- Darwinbox – SaaS- HR :
- This exclusive startup was launched by Chaitanya Peddi, Jayant Paleti, and Roand hit Chennamaneni. ClCloud-basedR technology product is a $1 billion+ industry. Automating the tire employee lifecycle is end-to-end software. Darwinbox has almost 1.5 million employees all over 650+ organizations they are present in 90 different industries.
- Livspace – E-commerce Interior Design:
- This $1.44 billion+ unicorn was founded by Anuj Srivastava, Ramakant Sharma, and Shand agua Anurag. Individuals will get easily connected to services, designs, products, and works on omnichannel. They can choose and buy the designs they want along with customization. This is the third Indian unicorn in 2022 and 50 th unicorn from January 2021.
- Uniphore – SaaS- Conversational Automation:
- In 2008 Ravi Saraogi and Umand esh Sachdev launched this startup. The value of this startup is $2.5 billion+. AI and automation technologies are used. You can easily bridge the p between machines and people through voice.
- Hasura – SaaS- Programming Tools :
- Rajoshi Ghosh and Tanmay Gopal are the founders of this startup in 2017. $1 billion+ is the value of this startup. This startup is designed without web development. Make data access easy for both frfront-endnd full stack developers. DaThe data layer is built for modern applications.
- Unacademy – Edtech :
- In 2015 Gaurav Munjal, Hemesh Singh, Roman Saini, and Saand chin Gupta launched this startup. Its value is $3.44 billion. Educational content is offered for all sorts of competitive exexaminations along with video lectures. SoSomef these are freely accessible while some need to be paid.
- CommerceIQ – E-commerce Management Platform :
- This is an omnichannel management platform. $115 million in Series D funding rounded date to soSoftBankhat became a unicorn. Machine learning and automation are used to get multiplied sales of e-commerce.
- Oxyzo – Fintech :
- Asish Mohapatra, Bhuvan Gupta, Nitin Jain, Ruchi Kalra, and Vaand sant Shridhar founded this in 2016. This is a credit solutions provider of industrial goods and services. Small and medium-scale businesses turned into something big. External rounds of investment made unicorns receive unicorn status. $1 billion in value e of this startup. It is owned by OfBusiness a second unicorn group.
- OneCard – Fintech :
- This startup is valued at $1.3 billion. It was launched by Vaibhav Hathi, Rupesh Kumar, and Anand urag Sinha in 2018. Visa credit cards are offered in partnership with numerous other banks. OnOnere digital credit score platform helps the user check scores without paying a single penny. More than 2 states’ services of this startup are extended.
- NoBroker – PropTech :
- In 2014 Akhil Gupta, Amit Kumar Agarwal, and Saurabh Garg founded this startup. This $1 billion+ valued unicorn is made for brokerage free design platform. Choosing a house, getting a loan for a house, contacting all your movers and packers, and choosing paint are some of the prime steps followed. This is the first property tech startup. 38th unicorn is the position that it received.
- Moglix – B2B E-commerce :
- Rahul Garg is the founder of this startup. It was founded in 2015 having $2.6 Billion as a valuation. Company offices are there in Singapore. Changing every component of B2B commerce and delivery change is important.
- Spinny – Automotive :
- In 2015 Mohit Gupta, Niraj Singh, and Ramanshu Mahaur founded this startup. $1.7 billion+ unicorn is used for car buying. New-age technologies are used. A full-stack business model is used which makes the car-buying process quite simple and transparent. This is also a fourth Indian Startup that has joined the unicorn club. You can buy cars that match your expectations easily.
- MobiKwik – Fintech:
- Bipin Singh, Upasana Taku, and Chandan Joshi are the founders who did it in 2009. $1 billion is the value of this unicorn. Phone-based payment option is offered along with digital wallet facilities. This is a trusted name in digital payments gateway and financial services. On October 12, 2021, MobiKwuck turned unicorn.
- Razorpay – Fintech :
- In 2014 Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar founded this startup which is a payment gateway. Processing, receiving, and disbursing payments smoothly is possible with RazorPay. Various ways are adopted to improve customers’ payment journey online. This startup joined the unicorn club on October 11, 2020.
- ShareChat – Social Media :
- Ankush Sachdeva, Bhanu Pratap Singh, and Faris Ahsan are the founders of this unique startup in 2015. The value of this startup is $3.7 Billion. This is a content consumption and sharing platform ShareChat almost has 1.17 billion wi-fi customers. One can easily share innovative content and posters in this unicorn.
- Acko – Insurtech :
- In 2016 Ruchi Deepak and Varun Dua founded this unicorn. $1.1 billion is the value of this startup. This company has a license that allows it to distribute and underwrite insurance products. The 34th Indian company of insurance has joined the unicorn club.
- upgrade – Edtech :
- Mayank Kumar, Phalgun Kompalli, Ravijot Chugh, and Ronnie Screwvala are the founders of this unicorn. It was founded in 2015. $1.2 bn is the value of this unicorn. Online education platform for students who are going for higher education. Courses like MBA, Data Science, Machine Learning courses, and many more are offered. Unicorn status was earned by the company on August 6, 2021, with $185 million in funds.
- Urban Company – Home Services :
- Abhiraj Bhal, Varun Khaitan, and Raghav Chandra are the great founders of this company in 2014. The value of this company is $2.8 billion. This is an all-in-one platform that will help professionals with some of the great home services. 5 million customers are served in over 5 countries like India, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sydney, and Singapore. This is also one of the largest UAE home service companies.
- Zetwerk – Marketplace- Consumer goods :
- Amrit Acharya, Rahul Sharma, Srinath Ramakkrushnan, and Vishal Chaudhary are the founders of this unicorn in 2018. $1.33+ bn is the value of this great company. The best marketplace for manufacturing all your items. Companies are connected with suppliers and vendors.
- Licious – E-commerce Meat Products :
- Abhay Hanjura and Vivek Gupta are the founders of this $1 Billion+ startup unicorn. Fresh fish, eggs, meat, and seafood can be received at your doorsteps by ordering online. You can organize this sector and deliver delicious, trustworthy, and fresh meat to your houses. $52 million in the latest fund received.
- BharatPe – Fintech Payments :
- Ashneer Grover, Bhavik Koladiya, and Shashvat Nakrani are the founders of this unicorn. Digital payments like QR and POS are encouraged a lot. The private company is famous by the name Resilient Innovations Private Limited. It was founded in 2018. $2.85 billion is its valuation.
- Pristine Care – Healthtech :
- Harsimarbir (Harsh) Singh, Dr. Garima Sawhney, and Vaibhav Kapoor are the founders. They did it in 2018. Elective surgery procedures are disrupted. Leverage cutting-edge technology and advanced type of procedures to get medical care and surgery experience. This is 4 th startup after Innovaccer, PharmEasy, and CureFit to gain the feat of space
- Slice – Fintech :
- Deepak Malhotra and Rajan Bajaj founded this startup in 2016. They focus on credit cards and other payment-related cards to the target audience and are $1 billion+ in value now. This is 41 St Indian startup unicorn.
- Upstox – Fintech :
- In 2010 Raghu Kumar, Ravi Kumar, and Shrinivas Viswanath founded this unicorn. It has a $1 billion + value. Unique investment solutions are given to users. Equity trading opportunity is given to retail traders which will give the best-in-class services. On November 25, 2021, Upstox turned unicorn with the fundraising of Tiger Global Management. This is 40 th unicorn Startup in India.
- Vedantu – Edtech :
- Vamsi Krishna, Pulkit Jain, Saurabh Saxena, and Anand Prakash are the founders of this 2011 startup. Online courses are offered to get real-time experience. Gaps are bridged between the user and the tutor. Pursuing online tuition for Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, French, Hindi, Social Studies, German, Computer Science and many more is possible with this startup.
- CureFit – Healthcare :
- Ankit Nagori and Mukesh Bansal were the founders in 2016. This is a wellness and health company that extends offline and online experiences. Proper nutrition, yoga, mental well-being, physical fitness, and meditation are provided adequately. It turned unicorn on November 10, 2021. Zonata has earned a 6.4% share in CureFit. This is 36 th company which became a unicorn and 77th in overall startups.
- CRED – Financial Technology:
- The founder of this exclusive startup Kunal Shah in 2018. The value of this unicorn is $2.2 billion. Users can make credit card payments and get rewards for the same. A credit and premium catalog of products is offered from top brands.
- Infra.Market – B2B E-commerce :
- In 2016 Souvik Senguptafounded this company. The value of this company is $2.5 billion. Best platform for construction business solution purposes. Services are provided to the real estate and construction materials industry. This market turned unicorn with a $100 mn on February 25, 2021.
- Mamaearth – E-commerce Personal Care :
- Varun and Ghazal Alaghfounded this brand in 2016. $1.1 billion+ is its value today. This was just established with a motive to get alternatives to hair, face, skincare, and baby products in the market. This brand became a unicorn on December 28, 2021, worth $80 million. They are the first type in this baby industry unicorn.
- OfBusiness – Building Materials :
- In 2015 Asish Mohapatra, Bhuvan Gupta, Chandranshu Sinha, Nitin Jain, Ruchi Kalra, Srinath Ramakkrushnan, and Vasant Sridhar started this startup. $5+ billion is the value of this startup. This is a raw material procurement and a credit platform for particular SMEs. Better products are made available in the right timeline.
- Five Star Business Finance – Financial Services:
- V.K. Ranganathan founded this company in 1984. This is a $1.4 billion valued company. Different kinds of loans like motor loans, property loans, small business loans, and mortgage loans are provided by this company.
“Be a diamond-studded unicorn: unbreakable and unique.”Coco, Unicorn Psychosis
Now startups are highly turning into unicorns with innovative minds and trends. Following simple tricks and clear ideas with investment can make your business a unicorn. Great examples are available nowadays of this unicorn and some people also guide you while you are launching your startup. Propper planning, layout, and roadmap can help you to reach great heights. Follow it and make count your unicorn too in the top list.